Information on the processing of personal data
Basic principles of personal data processing and their observance by the Administrator
When processing personal data, Korbička šperky s.r.o., hereinafter referred to as the Administrator, proceeds in accordance with the basic principles of personal data processing.
a. process personal data fairly, lawfully and transparently in relation to data subjects
b. collects personal data only for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and does not further process them in a manner incompatible with those purposes (further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, for scientific or historical research purposes or for statistical purposes shall not be considered incompatible with the original purposes)
c. process only personal data that are adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed; process only personal data that are accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; to this end, the Controller shall take all reasonable measures to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate in relation to the purposes for which they are processed are erased or rectified without delay; el. store personal data in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which they are processed; process personal data in a manner which ensures appropriate security of personal data, including protection by appropriate technical or organisational measures against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage. The controller is responsible for compliance with all of the above principles and must be able to demonstrate compliance with these principles in accordance with the Regulation.
Purposes of processing
- to the extent specified on the contract/recommendation report
- transaction history, or the results of the complaints procedure
- business communications and other data that you knowingly and voluntarily provide as part of the performance of individual orders (e.g. data about family members or close persons)
- receiving and processing customer orders and customer invoicing
- business communication
- the performance of all rights and obligations arising from the contract concluded between the Administrator and you
- handling of complaints
- protection of the rights of the Administrator (e.g. recovery of amounts owed)
- direct marketing, including basic profiling and sending commercial communications (e.g. sending news, discount offers or invitations to marketing events) by electronic means (e.g. e-mail, SMS), unless you reject this type of marketing communication in advance